Saturday, June 20, 2009

REAL ACTUAL SLEEP...WHO KNEW?



I'm taking all these vitamins and supplements. Do I feel better? Am I supposed to notice something right away? Do I have to do this for very long?

I hate taking pills every day.

So far the only difference is that I'm sleeping. Somewhat.

Well, that isn't fair. Now that I know I can take the Flexeril with the pain medication and not overdose I find that I do sleep 1000% better. Sometimes I don't even remember hitting the pillow. That's a very good thing. I can remember years of waking up 4 and 5 times a night and a good nights sleep was a vague memory.










You tend to take sleep for granted. I know I did. You don't know what you've lost until you've lost it. That's so true in many areas but for now I'll just use that phrase for sleep. Falling into a deep sleep is a wonderful thing. I didn't realize how turning off the brain can help your physical well being. What it does for your emotional well being is another thing.

For the first time in ages I don't feel the need to bite everyones head off when they've done nothing wrong. I feel like I can look in the mirror and not see deep circles that concealer won't quite hide. Most of all, I feel quiet. I feel at peace. Can sleep really do all that?

Alpha, Beta, Delta, Theta. All the lovely levels of sleep and I might just hit them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!