Saturday, December 12, 2009

CLOUDY, RAINY, GLOOMY AND OW FORECAST



Todays forecast:
Rainy, cloudy, gloomy with rapidly developing whining, complaining and crying.

The humidity at 9 a.m was 70%

I guess this means I take the dreaded pain medication before the "ow" becomes a howl that resonates through the valley.

I know that Fibromyalgia symptoms differ from person to person but from everything I read weather does affect most people with this illness.

Can weather exacerbate the symptoms?

In 2002 a study was done where fibro sufferers and healthy individuals were asked to rate their pain scale every day for 12 months. After 12 months the statistics were correlated to the weather. Researchers found that pain increased in fibromyalgia patients with the change in the weather and as atmospheric pressure fell. Pain, stiffness and fatigue showed a strong intercorrelation with weather patterns.

I keep saying it.

I'm better than a barometer.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!