Wednesday, February 17, 2010

MORE RAIN IS ON THE WAY




I've prayed so hard for this weather pattern to be over. 

What is it with the humidity? 

At 9:00 in the morning,  it's 43% to be exact.

43 Percent??


Unfortunately, it needs to be less than twenty percent in order for the pain levels to go away to a point where I can feel wonderful and function on a semi-normal basis. Just when I feel like I'm making a little headway, here comes more rain. Las Vegas used to be wonderful because the relative humidity would average around 11%. It's like we always used to say........"hey, it's a dry heat."


With the rain comes pain and then the insomnia. It's real hard to sleep when everything hurts and the sleep that I've been getting isn't real refreshing. Typical flare.


That truck that keeps hitting me? Did ANYONE get the license plate number? 


So as I lay awake last night and prayed that I'd get drowsy, I thought about my future. What will I be able to do when the pain and insomnia do a tap dance on my system? I really don't want to be a slug but I don't feel like I'm up to the real estate world again. I don't even want to try to pretend that I'm happy about jumping up and down constantly in a sales office again, BUT...


How do you re-invent yourself at this stage of the game? I know it's possible but what path do you take when your brain is on overload and you don't know what you love to do anymore except whine, bitch, moan and complain?


Maybe I could be a weatherperson. No scientific training, mind you, but I can tell you what the pain index will be.


I could be a movie critic and tell you what DVD's to rent that will lift your spirits when you're wide awake at 3:00 a.m. praying for the pain to stop and to be able to sleep.


Maybe I could be the voice of reason that says it will get better and that it could be a lot worse. I could be MY voice of reason that states when you see the light at the end of the tunnel it's probably the train coming at you full speed.


Well, maybe I'll just get up and get my first cup of caffeine this morning and monitor what it does to the symptoms that have never gone away; symptoms that are starting to rear their ugly head once again. 


As I'm shuffling toward the kitchen and ponder all of this maybe I'll try to be just a little thankful as well.




(I'll have to dig real deep for the thankful part)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!