Friday, June 18, 2010

I'M GOING AND IT'S COMING






I am still dealing with the root canal 
from the Memorial Day filling loss.
Now, I have to go again today.
This is not good.

Yesterday, I finally finished the last stage of the root canal on my tooth. I can honestly say that going to the dentist AF (after Fibromyalgia) as opposed to BF (before Fibromyalgia) is a WHOLE different animal.

Talk about amplified pain.

I've never been in love with dentists but I went and got my teeth cleaned and did what I had to do. I've had fillings and gone the novacaine route; again, no big deal. I thought I was going to come out of the chair yesterday. I can really feel the difference in my response to pain. 

To top this all off, I lost ANOTHER crown on the other side. She looked at it and there was a cavity underneath the crown and it was a cavity that HAD to have been there when the last clown put the crown on the tooth. I went to a new dentist because he was right around the corner.

Big mistake.

The guy seemed nice. Lot's of credentials on the wall and the guy played Pink Floyd in the office.  It really was kind of a cool place. Looking back, he must have been on drugs. How the hell do you put a crown over a cavity?  Now, I have to have another root canal on the other side! Do you believe this?

To top it all of this is bringing on a real   doozy of a flare. I can feel it coming. I've got to be there at 10:00 and I'm hurting. I'm going to take a pain pill and half a muscle relaxer because I don't think I can sit in that chair for an hour without jumping. Plus the needles, plus the drilling, plus, plus, plus.

This is not good.

Have the ice packs ready.
I'm going to need them and a margarita.

Forget the ice packs.
Keep the margarita's coming.






3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can so relate to this post. I had a root canal that was never finished. Long story. Anyway, I went into the VA because of severe pain and he tried to pull it out only to have it shatter in my gum. In addition, I suffered an OI episode (Orthostatic Intolerance) and passed out cold!

    I now have to have surgery and was freakin' out. My new dentist - not tied to the VA - is so much more .... HUMAN! Anyway, he is trying to get permission to knock me out specifically for the reasons you state here. Increased pain, the drills (hate the drills), the length of time, all of it.

    And you know the worst part for me besides pain, is the pressure on my head and neck. I have the worst headaches and FMS flares after going to the Dentist.

    At this point, I'm like "yank all the teeth out!" Just don't touch me anymore!

    I will be praying for you! I really hope this goes as smooth as possible for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blog, I now follow yours. I feel your pain! I totally hate the dentist. It's almost a wonder if it is worth all the pain. I try my hardest to keep my teeth clean.lol

    ((hugs))
    Teia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know what you're saying! I'll tell you, the difference in how I react to all of this now as opposed to before.........huge difference! I can totally understand why you passed out. This is pure torture! Actually, I was joking about the margarita's because I really don't drink. I have no tolerance for alcohol either!

    I do try to keep my teeth cleaned but I hate hate hate the dentist!!! Thanks for following my blog, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!