Monday, September 20, 2010

A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS - BLOG CARNIVAL ROUND 2








There is strength of the body.
But when depression strikes,
it takes a true strength of faith and will
to climb out of the darkness
into the light.


Jolene at Graceful Agony has chosen a subject that is, unfortunately, near and *dear to those who's life has been touched by chronic pain and illness. As you can see the asterisk next to the dear because there is nothing dear about depression. It's a bone chilling experience that leaves us wondering and doubting if we will ever be the same again. Every time that cold, bony finger touches us and scars us it takes every bit of faith and strength that we have to climb up that ladder and back into the light of day.

The women that are a part of this group and who wrote about their own personal experiences are truly courageous. I know there are others who didn't participate in this round who bare their souls on their posts and have been touched by depression as well. 

Admitting depression doesn't show weakness, it just admits that we've been strong for too long.

Pain's evil touch makes us doubt our faith and our strength. Maryn's post, "Whisper me softly." speaks to me. I've read and re-read this post countless times. Each time I feel so strongly how depression is just a whisper away and that fighting it is the only option I have. I tend to hide and deny. Other people fight it in their own way. No matter how you fight it's a fight that will last a lifetime and we must be cognizant of that fact. 


It is the wolf in sheep's clothing. We must stay vigilant and aware. It will try anything it can to maneuver itself into our mind and heart. It will tell us this fight isn't worth it. It will beckon us over to his side with the promise that the darkness will soothe our souls more than the light. 





We must always remember that he lies.



I hope that we will all read the posts and take them to heart. They are written by some amazing women who I'm proud to call my friends.





4 comments:

  1. You did such an amazing job this round my sweet Rose... Wasn't Maryn's post bang on?
    She said things that have been in my heart for such a long time, but didn't know how to express.
    We are so lucky to have one another!
    Just checking to see how you were feeling today... This round wasn't an easy one by any means. It was very powerful to me, and I want to make sure that all of you are okay with the 'weight' of participating..
    Love you!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty powerful wasn't it? I'm sure I'll shake it off in a couple of days.

    You are a sweetie! Hope you're doing okay!!!!!!!!?????

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post today, Rose.

    Hugs,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!