Thursday, March 31, 2011

VINDICATION.......MAYBE?












I've been saying it all along.
The car accident tripped some sort of domino.
But nobody believes it.
Maybe now, they will.


Finally. 

A new study was done to determine the relationship between chronic widespread pain and physical trauma.

I've read tons of posts and articles and quite a few people will tell you that they know the EXACT day their problems started. I've always stated that even though I had some back pain before this accident, everything could be controlled.  Yes, it was annoying but it didn't slow me down except for the few times that it would go out and then I'd be laid up for a few weeks. After it was over it was back to business as usual. I can't tell you how many other people have told me the same story.

Since the 2008 accident it has been so difficult to get anyone to believe that it WAS the cause of  all the problems that I've had the past few years. Everyone has said that it's too hard to prove that the Fibromyalgia was caused by the car accident. I can tell you that everything changed after that day, but getting the opposing attorney to buy it is something else.

This study has found that road traffic accidents to tend to cause widespread physical pain in a way that other physical trauma does not. They now are wondering what is different about a traffic accident.

It makes sense to me that when the body braces for impact and that the impact causes trauma to your spine and neck SOMETHING has to be injured. I truly believe that injury caused the area that perceives pain to react in a totally different way. I'm not saying that there may not be different triggers but what I am saying, at least in my case, is that I have a problem that can be traced back to the automobile accident of 2008.

I know it's one study but I'm hopeful that it can start the ball rolling on other studies that will prove that car accidents can cause Fibromyalgia.

Finally.