Saturday, March 5, 2011

WHERE'S THE SANDMAN?










It's 3.
And I can't sleep.
Kind of reminds me of Passover.


Why, you ask? The Passover Seder is a feast that commemorates the Israelites liberation from Egypt. There is a part of the Seder ceremony that is traditionally given to the youngest child and it's when four questions are asked. I'll write them phonetically in English because the Hebrew version is a little tough to read. One of the questions is: Ma-nish-ta-naw-hi-li-la-hazeh-me-kohl-ha-lay-lot?

Translation. 
Why is this night different from all other nights?
That's usually my standard reply for an event that repeats itself. 

Most of the time I'll fall asleep for a little while and then I'll wake up and this is just one of those nights. It isn't because of the weather; today was just, well, beautiful. It was the kind of day when spring fever sets in. Mild and a slight breeze in the air. It was one of those days where you could be lazy and fall asleep in a hammock in the back yard. You could lay down in the grass and stare up at the clouds and try to guess their shapes.

This is one of those nights that back pain and muscle spasms are making it impossible to sleep. I just can't find a comfortable position for any length of time.

As wonderful as the day was I could tell that the night was going to be interesting. I knelt down,  placed Mr. H's food on the floor and I got a nice jolt of pain. The kind of pain that slaps you suddenly and then in case you didn't get it the first time, sends another jolt down your legs just for good measure.

So, here I am eyes kind of open. 

Mr. H is on his back snoring loudly. 

Well, at least one of us can sleep.

Thank goodness there is a Criminal Minds marathon on television. 

Just another sleepy time movie for me........




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!