Saturday, April 30, 2011

A VIEW FROM THE REAR









Yes.
I seem to still have some perfection issues.


My daughter is getting married next week and I am so excited. Her intended is wonderful and the families have blended perfectly. It's a fairy tale story with a very happy ending. I just have a couple of concerns that make me a tad unhappy.

Why, then, am I unhappy?

I'm really not looking forward to pictures. It's bad enough my self image has taken a major hit with all the Fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's crapola going on. No matter what I do the 30 pounds will not come off. I know I harp on this subject but it really bugs me. 

The fact is that I don't want to look like a stuffed sausage in pictures.

I have a hard time reconciling the old me with the new me. I know in my head it shouldn't matter but it does. I bought a beautiful dress and I keep trying it on and looking at myself from the back. Think about it. It makes perfect sense. I'll be walking down the aisle and everyone will have a rear view.  All I need now is the beeping sound for the truck backing up. OK.........I'm not quite that bad but in my head I might as well be.

I've said it before and I 'll say it again. A dress size shouldn't define me as a person. In one sense it doesn't but in another it absolutely does. 

Anyone find the sense in that statement? 

Anyway, I've got a week to go and I'll be starving myself for the better part of it so I can, maybe, take off a pound. So here I go..........I've tried walking everyday and getting some exercise. Did it help? No.

One week until the wedding.........
No pounds down.
And counting................