Sunday, May 1, 2011

A NOTE TO OSAMA FROM MARK TWAIN










"I didn't go to the funeral.
But I sent a nice note saying
 I approved of it."
Mark Twain


I never intended to use this blog as a venue for any political stance. I'm pretty much middle of the road on issues. There are some issues that I lean toward the left and some I am definitely on the right. If we take the averages........that's where the middle of the road comes in.

I think that some issues transcend politics and the killing of Osama Bin Laden is one of those issues. It filled me with pride watching people gather outside the White House and singing the Star Spangled Banner. There has been a lot of division and this will serve, at least for a little while, to bring the nation together.

We've got so many diverse opinions and sometimes we state them very loudly. That's the cool thing about democracy. We are able to do this without fear of being arrested or killed. It's a freedom we sometimes take for granted. My dad came over from Russia after Czar Nicholas was killed. He never took his freedom granted, he put his hand over his heart when he heard the Pledge of Allegiance and he loved this country so much that he became a citizen. I will never forget when I came home from college and I'd sewn a flag on the back pocket of my jeans. Needless to say, I had to take it off. He thought it was very disrespectful. I can only imagine what he'd think of some of the things said on network news!

So now we've cut the head off one cockroach but, unfortunately, another will take it's place. I'm also afraid that we may need to be very vigilant because there might be some sort of retaliation by his followers. I'm just so glad that there is finally justice for the families that lost loved ones on September 11. I still shudder when I watch those planes go into the twin towers and the Pentagon. I feel the same way today as I did almost ten years ago. He will probably become a martyr but, to me, he's just a thug and a murderer.

Are we going to take bets on the virgins?

I think he and Adolph should be roommate's.


I hope it's real hot down there.