Monday, August 29, 2011

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?










I had a great day.
So what's the problem?


I was almost asleep and then I felt the twinge. I start thinking that if I ignore it, maybe it will go away. Nope. Not happening so I just put on another one of my "sleepy time" movies. The kind of movie where one of the coasts gets wiped out by a volcano, tsunami or another disaster of some sort. I just can't figure out what started the pain kicking in this evening. I mean I was relatively fine until about 15 minutes ago. What does this?? Then I remembered to check the humidity levels. 

Crap.The humidity, by 6 in the morning will be about 28%.
That's all it takes.

I started thinking about a conversation I had with a friend of mine about work. He's very dedicated, motivated and a typical Type A personality type. He's conscientious and caring. He works hard and the hours involved are brutal. It's almost as bad as new home sales. 

He also has no life. 

I know that we are defined by what we do. (If that's the case, I'm now screwed) I think people should be responsible because people depend on you. What I don't like is when you're roped in by the golden handcuffs and your employers take advantage of you. The sad part is that we tend to learn all this in hindsight.

I was telling him about my experiences and after the accident my body reached up and slapped me and said, "no more." I could hear the exhaustion in his voice and at the same time loving the industry. It's too good to leave and it's too bad to stay. That is still something that I struggle with every day when I get bored. I say I want something to do but what I really want is to be making money like I used to. Oh, I know it wouldn't be the same but it's the buzz of sales that really got to me. I still miss it.

I should try to get some sleep. I'm going to an essential oil presentation tomorrow and I don't want to fall asleep in the middle of it. I'm kind of excited to learn about the oils. What I'm not excited about is going to the presentation. Do you know why? If you've read any of my other posts you'll know that this will probably end up like all my other "hobbies." I'll come out of there with tons of oils and it will be presents for everybody!!  In all seriousness, I do know that the oils can be very helpful if you actually apply them.

So as I ramble on about nothing, I'm watching the movie Volcano. I'll wait until someone else gets to be a crispy critter and then try again to fall asleep. 

Well, now they're on a ladder three inches above the lava and they didn't burn up.

I think I need to watch the ones with tsunami's.