Saturday, March 10, 2012

MICROBES HAVE BROTHERS








For every microbe you see.
There are a million that you don't.


I learned something new. I was reading an article out of the Costco Connection magazine about Fibromyalgia. What caught my eye was something that I'd never seen before.

Fibromyalgia was classified as an autoimmune disorder.

This really strikes a chord with me. I have a thyroid issue but along with that tags along Autoimmune Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I also found a spinal issue that I have also on the list. But, to my amazement Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue are also on that list. I'm going to add links to these lists as well. Just click here. We have enough trouble being believed in the medical community, now I find it's classified as an autoimmune disorder??

Why can't someone get this straight?

Like I said, where one autoimmune disease lurks another one is sure to follow. Something always felt wrong about this being a "syndrome" and muscular in nature. Now, things are becoming a little clearer. According to the Marshall Protocol Knowledge Base, a research foundation that deals in autoimmune disorders, our immune system becomes compromised by the very nature of chronic illness. All of our symptoms are so intertwined with other known diseases and illnesses. Is it any wonder that no one knows what the heck is going on with our bodies?

Least of all us.

Is it an issue with the HPA axis? The Hypothalamus, Pituitary and Adrenal axis does interact with the immune system and the control of pain. Let's not even get started on the stress effect. So what does all this interaction tell us?

It tells me we are really screwed up somewhere.

Generally Fibromyalgia is regarded as a noninflammatory and non autoimmune but some show evidence of autoimmunity. Also, in autoimmune diseases, there is evidence of Fibromyalgia. It can drive you crazy looking at all the articles regarding this disease. 

I feel like I'm going in circles.

No, it's more like a maze.

More twists and turns and you can't get out.