Wednesday, May 29, 2013

RUNNING ON EMPTY




Just what I feel like.
Just what I'm doing.

I have been dealing with the puzzle of a thyroid that's attacking itself, nodules on my thyroid and a lovely flare that has knocked me on my fanny.

I can't seem to keep my eyes open. I've been sleeping 12-14 hours a day. Normally, I wouldn't mind that but it's been forced on me. My skin looks like alligator skin and it has started to itch. There's a little difficulty swallowing but the one doctor I went to "isn't real concerned about it."

ISN'T REAL CONCERNED?

I feel like crap. 
Let me rephrase.
I feel like something that crap brought in. 
So let's examine the evidence. 

I'm real tired. I'm tired enough that I can fall asleep mid-sentence. 

I'm moving so slow that a slug moves at mach speed.

I feel like I'm going through menopause again. One minute I'm hot and the next I'm cold.

I'm going through lotion like crazy but still have that alligator look.

I'm gaining weight. (THAT IS BAD. I CAN DEAL WITH THE REST BUT THIS????)

I ache more than usual.

My skin is peeling underneath my nails.

My hair is shedding worse than Buster's.

I'm craving carbs. (Ok.....so what??)

I can't remember my own name at times.

I feel like a vampire because I hate the light.

All of this points to problems with the thyroid. This brings me to an interesting topic that I'll write when I can pick my head up. The symptoms of thyroid problems mimick Fibromyalgia.

So I'll write....

What came first the chicken or the egg?

Thyroid of Fibro??

I'm going back to bed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!