Friday, December 27, 2013

THE HOSPITAL, CHRISTMAS EVE AND THE DOCTORS TRIANGULATION









What is it about the holidays?
or just the month of December.
It has been a doozy.


And that is an understatement. There was the loss of a family member and the almost-loss of another. I sat in a hospital (which I hate) for hours on end.....for days.....until the crisis was over. Then a funeral.  That, funnily enough, made things a little bit better. While sad for the rest of us left behind, that funeral was truly a celebration of a remarkable man's life. I can only hope when it's my turn that I will be loved as much.

Then shopping for presents.

I know, I know......I could have done this all online but it seems that I'm a glutton for punishment. I just had to go to the mall. No, that's not quite the truth. I just love Nordstroms. Between Nordstroms and Costco, I'm in heaven. Actually, I admire their return policy. So, I brave all of that and start to wrap presents.

For some reason the present wrapping is worse than braving the mall.

The motions of wrapping presents seem to set me off for some reason. Maybe it's the repetitive motions.....I don't know but by the time I was done, I was done. I am now officially sick of shopping and wrapping presents. That, my friends, doesn't happen very often. 

This year has been bad.
Just bad.

I don't mean about the losses. I don't mean to minimize them...that's not my intention at all. I'm talking about the flares and the pain and the overall fatigue. It just hasn't stopped.

And I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

It's not just the fibro that's been flaring. I've got quite a few disks from "the accident" that have been acting up. Now the doctor wants to implant a neuro-stimulator that will help mask the pain. I've heard pretty good things about them. The people that do have them think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Even the shrink I had to see said they give you a new lease on life.

I know leases and the only ones who win are the landlord. 
And this little baby will surely be the one in charge.

I'm not sure I want a battery operated "thing" surgically implanted. For some reason, it is required to see a psychiatrist before you can be implanted with this device. He found me very well adjusted considering the extent of my back injuries. I mentioned the Fibro and he didn't seem to flinch. Maybe that's a good thing. Well adjusted?? I had to laugh at that one.

But therein lies my problem.

If it was just the back I'd be OK with it, but it's not. It's the Fibromyalgia that concerns me. This will set off a flare. The reason I know this is because every single time I have a procedure done, it takes me months to recover. I have no idea what kind of reaction this will set off. I get poo-pooed by the doctors but it's my body and I know it well. It may help my back but it's going to wreak havoc with the Fibromyalgia.

So what to do?

Oh......and then????

To top it all off?

I got the flu on Christmas.

Let's just add that ol' tiara!

Oh......just one more thing!

I got a flu shot this year.

Oh yeah.....that worked.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!