Monday, June 16, 2014

THE YUCK FACTOR










Well,
it seems like it's back to the drawing board.
Let's hope this works.



I'm really sick of going to doctors. I guess what I mean to say is that I'm sick of feeling so lousy that I have no choice but to go to the doctor. I have to say one thing. I do have a great doctor. He's very curious and he believes me when I tell him that I feel lousy. This, however, means going for more blood tests.

Do I have any blood left?
After 17 vials...........
Evidently, my thyroid is still borderline. 
The autoimmune thyroiditis is in full force.
Everything else? Right on target.

However, they found a nodule in my thyroid. So now I have to go through another ultrasound and then if it's growing there's another fun test. A biopsy. If that happens I think I'd actually be relieved. At least then I'd know why I feel the way I do. 

The problem is the symptoms are so intertwined.
I don't know if it's the thyroid or the Fibromyalgia. 

The fatigue is overpowering. I won't even count the pain because that is always with me. It's just that my hands have hurt more than usual. I don't think its the Fibro because I just feel so..........

Different.

I gave in and went to the endocrinologist. More blood work and I'm back on the Armour Thyroid. I did feel better on this when it was prescribed to me a year ago. Hopefully this will pull me out of the constant feeling of yuck. Why they felt the need to change it is beyond me. 

The symptoms of hypothyroid and Fibromyalgia are SO close. How do I know this isn't Fibromyalgia? For one thing.....my hair. It's very dry and thinning out. The doctor said the Cytomel will do that. Why in the heck did they ever prescribe it? I know it's more precise than Armour Thyroid but it can't be that big of a difference. The other thing is that my skin is much drier. 

Try peeling off the tips of my fingertips. 

The scary thing is that no amount of lotion or cream would stop it. I even got steroid shots but that didn't work either. The only thing the shot seemed to do is make me gain 5 lbs. overnight and that does not work for me. Finally my manicurist gave me some lotion from Vietnam and, believe this, it helped it within three days. Three days later.......it was GONE.

Now I can get my nails done again. 

That problem is fixed.

Now........

All I care about is that I lose weight......

and the fatigue........

and the joint pain.........

and the weight........







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!